Terms Used In South Dakota Codified Laws 40-32-26
- Dairy farm: any place or premise where one or more cows, sheep, or goats are kept and from which a part or all of the milk or milk products are produced and sold, or offered for sale to a milk plant. See South Dakota Codified Laws 40-32-2
- Grade A: any milk or milk product that complies with the standards set forth in any rules promulgated pursuant to § . See South Dakota Codified Laws 40-32-2
- Marketing organization: an entity established for the purpose of procuring farm produced milk and offering for sale that milk to a milk plant, receiving station, or transfer station. See South Dakota Codified Laws 40-32-2
- Milk plant: any place where milk or a milk product is delivered or processed for commercial purposes. See South Dakota Codified Laws 40-32-2
- Secretary: the secretary of agriculture. See South Dakota Codified Laws 40-32-2
A reinspection fee of two hundred dollars per inspection shall be paid to the secretary by the milk plant or marketing organization for each dairy farm inspection exceeding the required biannual Grade A or annual Manufacturing Grade farm facility inspection resulting from adverse actions such as farm permit suspension, degrade, or unsanitary conditions to be corrected within a specified period of time.