Tennessee Code 38-10-101 – System Established — National Crime Prevention and Privacy Compact
Current as of: 2021 | Check for updates | Other versions
- The director of the Tennessee bureau of investigation shall establish a system of intrastate communication of vital statistics and information relating to crime, criminals, and criminal activity.
- Criminal history information shall be made available according to the provisions of the National Crime Prevention and Privacy Compact, codified in § 38-14-101.
- State: when applied to the different parts of the United States, includes the District of Columbia and the several territories of the United States. See Tennessee Code 1-3-105
- The general assembly approves and ratifies the National Crime Prevention and Privacy Compact, 42 U.S.C. § 14616, as it existed on January 1, 2001, and the compact shall remain in effect until legislation is enacted renouncing the compact.
- The director of the Tennessee bureau of investigation shall execute, administer and implement the compact on behalf of the state and may adopt necessary rules, regulations and procedures for the national exchange of criminal history records for noncriminal justice purposes.
- Ratification of the compact does not affect the obligations and responsibilities of the Tennessee bureau of investigation regarding the dissemination of criminal history records within Tennessee.
Terms Used In Tennessee Code 38-10-101