Terms Used In Tennessee Code > Title 38 > Chapter 10
- Agriculture: means :
(i) The land, buildings and machinery used in the commercial production of farm products and nursery stock. See Tennessee Code 1-3-105
- Arrest: Taking physical custody of a person by lawful authority.
- Board: means the wastewater financing board established by this part. See Tennessee Code 68-221-1003
- Construction: means the erection, building, acquisition, alteration, reconstruction, improvement or extension of storm water facilities. See Tennessee Code 68-221-1102
- Corporation: A legal entity owned by the holders of shares of stock that have been issued, and that can own, receive, and transfer property, and carry on business in its own name.
- Fiscal year: The fiscal year is the accounting period for the government. For the federal government, this begins on October 1 and ends on September 30. The fiscal year is designated by the calendar year in which it ends; for example, fiscal year 2006 begins on October 1, 2005 and ends on September 30, 2006.
- Interest rate: The amount paid by a borrower to a lender in exchange for the use of the lender's money for a certain period of time. Interest is paid on loans or on debt instruments, such as notes or bonds, either at regular intervals or as part of a lump sum payment when the issue matures. Source: OCC
- Local government: means :
(i) A county, incorporated town or city, metropolitan government, state agency, water/wastewater authority, energy authority or any instrumentality of government created by any one (1) or more of these or by an act of the general assembly:
(a) Which has authority to administer a wastewater facility. See Tennessee Code 68-221-1003
- Municipality: means any incorporated city or town, county, metropolitan or consolidated government, or special district of this state empowered to provide storm water facilities. See Tennessee Code 68-221-1102
- Obligation: An order placed, contract awarded, service received, or similar transaction during a given period that will require payments during the same or a future period.
- Person: includes a corporation, firm, company or association. See Tennessee Code 1-3-105
- Property: includes both personal and real property. See Tennessee Code 1-3-105
- State: when applied to the different parts of the United States, includes the District of Columbia and the several territories of the United States. See Tennessee Code 1-3-105
- Storm water: means storm water runoff, snow melt runoff, surface runoff, street wash waters related to street cleaning or maintenance, infiltration (other than infiltration contaminated by seepage from sanitary sewers or by other discharges) and drainage. See Tennessee Code 68-221-1102
- Storm water facilities: means the drainage structures, conduits, combined sewers, sewers, and all device appurtenances by means of which storm water is collected, transported, pumped, treated or disposed of. See Tennessee Code 68-221-1102
- Year: means a calendar year, unless otherwise expressed. See Tennessee Code 1-3-105