Terms Used In Tennessee Code > Title 38 > Chapter 10 - Intrastate Communication of Criminal Statistics
- Arrest: Taking physical custody of a person by lawful authority.
- Ex officio: Literally, by virtue of one's office.
- Jurisdiction: (1) The legal authority of a court to hear and decide a case. Concurrent jurisdiction exists when two courts have simultaneous responsibility for the same case. (2) The geographic area over which the court has authority to decide cases.
- Month: means a calendar month. See Tennessee Code 1-3-105
- Person: includes a corporation, firm, company or association. See Tennessee Code 1-3-105
- Property: includes both personal and real property. See Tennessee Code 1-3-105
- Statute: A law passed by a legislature.
- Year: means a calendar year, unless otherwise expressed. See Tennessee Code 1-3-105