Any motor truck using the streets, roads, highways, and other public thoroughfares, which, by reason of its construction, either when loaded or unloaded, prevents the driver‘s view of the rear, shall be equipped with a mirror arranged in a manner and maintained so that the driver or operator may view the roadway to the rear and note the approach of vehicles from the rear of the motor truck.
Terms Used In Tennessee Code 55-9-206. Trucks to be equipped with rearview mirror
- Code: includes the Tennessee Code and all amendments and revisions to the code and all additions and supplements to the code. See Tennessee Code 1-3-105
- Driver: means every person who drives or is in actual physical control of a vehicle. See Tennessee Code 55-8-101
- Operator: means every person, other than a chauffeur, who drives or is in actual physical control of a motor vehicle upon a highway or who is exercising control over or steering a vehicle being towed by a motor vehicle. See Tennessee Code 55-8-101
- Roadway: means that portion of a highway improved, designed or ordinarily used for vehicular travel, exclusive of the berm or shoulder. See Tennessee Code 55-8-101
- Truck: means every motor vehicle designed, used or maintained primarily for the transportation of property. See Tennessee Code 55-8-101
[Acts 1923, ch. 53, § 1; Shan. Supp., § 1616a10; Code 1932, § 2709; T.C.A. (orig. ed.), § 59-921.]