Tennessee Code 62-2-803 – Practical Experience
Current as of: 2021 | Check for updates | Other versions
- For the purpose of evaluating “practical experience in landscape architectural work,” the board may utilize criteria and standards published by the Council of Landscape Architectural Registration Boards (C.L.A.R.B.).
- However, every applicant shall have not less than two (2) years of practical experience in an office of a practicing registered landscape architect.
- Corporation: A legal entity owned by the holders of shares of stock that have been issued, and that can own, receive, and transfer property, and carry on business in its own name.
- Month: means a calendar month. See Tennessee Code 1-3-105
- Partnership: A voluntary contract between two or more persons to pool some or all of their assets into a business, with the agreement that there will be a proportional sharing of profits and losses.
- United States: includes the District of Columbia and the several territories of the United States. See Tennessee Code 1-3-105
- To receive credit for practical training time, an applicant must be employed by the same employer for a period of no less than four (4) consecutive calendar months. The work month is considered to be one hundred forty (140) hours.
Terms Used In Tennessee Code 62-2-803
- Experience acquired while employed by a registered landscape architect practicing as an individual will be credited as practical training only when acquired under the supervision of the practicing landscape architect in the course of the regular practice. Practice as a principal after proper landscape architectural registration by other jurisdictions may be accepted by the board as fulfilling the required experience in the office of a registered practicing landscape architect.
- Experience acquired while employed by a partnership or corporation engaging in the practice of landscape architecture will be credited as practical training only when acquired under the supervision of the partner or partners or the officer or officers who shall be the registered landscape architect or registered landscape architects exercising professional and supervisory control over the particular landscape architectural services rendered by the partnership or corporation.
- Practical experience as approved by the board and obtained while working in the United States government, public or private service agencies covering the field of education, research, and in the service of such agencies as redevelopment authorities, Peace Corps, VISTA, HUD, other United States government and armed forces agencies, multiplied by a factor of seventy-five hundredths (.75) may be considered as “practical experience” in landscape architectural work.
- Notwithstanding any provision in this section, the board may refuse to credit as practical training experience acquired while employed by an individual or by any type of organization having any interest in any project or building prejudicial to or in conflict with the individual’s or organization’s professional interest therein.