(a) No scrap metal dealer shall knowingly purchase or possess a metal beer keg, whether damaged or undamaged, or any reasonably recognizable part of a metal beer keg, on any premises that the dealer uses to buy, sell, store, shred, melt, cut or otherwise alter scrap metal.
Terms Used In Tennessee Code 62-9-108
- Misdemeanor: Usually a petty offense, a less serious crime than a felony, punishable by less than a year of confinement.
- Person: means an individual, association, partnership, corporation, or any other legally cognizable organization or entity. See Tennessee Code 62-9-101
- Scrap metal: means any ferrous or nonferrous metal that is no longer used for its original purpose and is capable of being processed for reuse by a metal recycling facility, including, but not limited to, iron, brass, wire, cable, copper, bronze, aluminum, platinum, lead, solder, steel, stainless steel, catalytic converters or other similar obsolete ferrous or nonferrous metals, but shall not include recyclable aluminum cans. See Tennessee Code 62-9-101
(1) A violation of this section is a Class A misdemeanor punishable by fine only.
(2) Nothing in this section shall be construed to preclude a person violating this section from also being prosecuted for any applicable criminal offense.