Terms Used In Tennessee Code > Title 23 > Chapter 1 - Qualification and Admission to Practice
- Commissioner: means any person in office as a member of the public service commission, as prescribed by title 65, chapter 1, prior to June 30, 1996. See Tennessee Code 8-34-101
- Fiscal year: The fiscal year is the accounting period for the government. For the federal government, this begins on October 1 and ends on September 30. The fiscal year is designated by the calendar year in which it ends; for example, fiscal year 2006 begins on October 1, 2005 and ends on September 30, 2006.
- Fraud: Intentional deception resulting in injury to another.
- Month: means a calendar month. See Tennessee Code 1-3-105
- Person: includes a corporation, firm, company or association. See Tennessee Code 1-3-105
- State: means the state of Tennessee. See Tennessee Code 8-34-101
- Year: means a calendar year, unless otherwise expressed. See Tennessee Code 1-3-105