|§ 29-17-301||Powers of municipalities|
|§ 29-17-302||Procedure by municipalities|
Terms Used In Tennessee Code > Title 29 > Chapter 17 > Part 3 - Municipalities
- Alcohol test: means an analysis of breath, or blood, or any other analysis that determines the presence and level or absence of alcohol as authorized by the United States department of transportation in its rules and guidelines concerning alcohol testing and drug testing. See Tennessee Code 50-9-103
- Chain of custody: refers to the methodology of tracking specified materials or substances for the purpose of maintaining control and accountability from initial collection to final disposition for all such materials or substances, and providing for accountability at each stage in handling, testing and storing specimens and reporting test results. See Tennessee Code 50-9-103
- Contract: A legal written agreement that becomes binding when signed.
- Covered employer: means a person or entity that employs a person, is covered by the Workers' Compensation Law, compiled in chapter 6 of this title, maintains a drug-free workplace pursuant to this chapter and includes on the posting required by §. See Tennessee Code 50-9-103
- Damages: Money paid by defendants to successful plaintiffs in civil cases to compensate the plaintiffs for their injuries.
- Dismissal: The dropping of a case by the judge without further consideration or hearing. Source:
- Drug: means any controlled substance subject to testing pursuant to drug testing regulations adopted by the United States department of transportation. See Tennessee Code 50-9-103
- Employee: means any individual who performs services for a covered employer for wages if the services performed by the individual qualify as an employer-employee relationship with the employer based upon consideration of the following twenty (20) factors as described in the twenty-factor test of Internal Revenue Service Revenue Ruling 87-41, 1987-1 C. See Tennessee Code 50-9-103
- Employee assistance program: means an established program capable of providing expert assessment of employee personal concerns. See Tennessee Code 50-9-103
- Employer: means a person or entity that employs a person and that is covered by the Workers' Compensation Law, compiled in chapter 6 of this title. See Tennessee Code 50-9-103
- Evidence: Information presented in testimony or in documents that is used to persuade the fact finder (judge or jury) to decide the case for one side or the other.
- Job applicant: means a person who has applied for a position with a covered employer and who has been offered employment conditioned upon successfully passing a drug or alcohol test, and may have begun work pending the results of the drug or alcohol test. See Tennessee Code 50-9-103
- Lands: includes lands, tenements and hereditaments, and all rights thereto and interests therein, equitable as well as legal. See Tennessee Code 1-3-105
- Month: means a calendar month. See Tennessee Code 1-3-105
- Person: includes a corporation, firm, company or association. See Tennessee Code 1-3-105
- Property: includes both personal and real property. See Tennessee Code 1-3-105
- Safety-sensitive position: means a position involving a safety-sensitive function pursuant to regulations governing drug or alcohol testing adopted by the United States department of transportation. See Tennessee Code 50-9-103
- Specimen: means tissue, fluid or a product of the human body capable of revealing the presence of alcohol or drugs or their metabolites. See Tennessee Code 50-9-103
- Statute: A law passed by a legislature.
- test: means any chemical, biological or physical instrumental analysis administered by a laboratory authorized to do so pursuant to this chapter, for the purpose of determining the presence or absence of a drug or its metabolites pursuant to regulations governing drug testing adopted by the United States department of transportation or other recognized authority approved by rule by the commissioner of labor and workforce development. See Tennessee Code 50-9-103
- United States: includes the District of Columbia and the several territories of the United States. See Tennessee Code 1-3-105
- written: includes printing, typewriting, engraving, lithography, and any other mode of representing words and letters. See Tennessee Code 1-3-105