|§ 45-3-601||Investment in securities|
|§ 45-3-602||Investments in real estate|
|§ 45-3-603||Dealing with successors in interest|
Terms Used In Tennessee Code > Title 45 > Chapter 3 > Part 6 - Investments
- Assets: (1) The property comprising the estate of a deceased person, or (2) the property in a trust account.
- Association: means a capital stock or mutual savings and loan association. See Tennessee Code 45-3-104
- Bank: means any person, as hereinafter defined, doing a banking business subject to the laws of this or any other jurisdiction and, for the purposes of supervision, examination and liquidation, includes industrial investment companies and industrial banks authorized by chapter 5 of this title. See Tennessee Code 45-1-103
- Commissioner: means the commissioner of financial institutions. See Tennessee Code 45-3-104
- Community: means a city, town, or incorporated village in this state, or where not within any of the foregoing, a trade area in this state. See Tennessee Code 45-1-103
- Company: includes a bank, trust company, corporation, partnership, association, business or other trust, or similar business entity. See Tennessee Code 45-1-103
- Corporation: A legal entity owned by the holders of shares of stock that have been issued, and that can own, receive, and transfer property, and carry on business in its own name.
- Evidence: Information presented in testimony or in documents that is used to persuade the fact finder (judge or jury) to decide the case for one side or the other.
- Financial institution: means a thrift institution, commercial bank, or trust company. See Tennessee Code 45-3-104
- Home: means a structure designed for residential use by not more than four (4) families or a single condominium unit, including common elements pertinent thereto, designed for residential use by one (1) family in a multiple dwelling unit structure or complex, and includes fixtures. See Tennessee Code 45-3-104
- Interest: means that part of the net income, retained earnings, or surplus of an association that is payable to or credited to holders of deposit accounts. See Tennessee Code 45-3-104
- Lease: A contract transferring the use of property or occupancy of land, space, structures, or equipment in consideration of a payment (e.g., rent). Source: OCC
- Mortgage: The written agreement pledging property to a creditor as collateral for a loan.
- Net worth: means the aggregate of all loan contracts of an association, plus the aggregate value of all other assets of the association, less the aggregate amount of deposit accounts of depositors, including interest credited to the accounts, and less any other liabilities of the association. See Tennessee Code 45-3-104
- Person: means an individual, firm, partnership, joint venture, trust, estate, unincorporated association, company, or corporation organized under the laws of this or any other state, the United States or foreign country. See Tennessee Code 45-3-104
- Primary lending area: means any area within the territorial limits of this state or within a radius of one hundred (100) miles from the home office or branch of an association. See Tennessee Code 45-3-104
- Property: includes both personal and real property. See Tennessee Code 1-3-105
- real property: include lands, tenements and hereditaments, and all rights thereto and interests therein, equitable as well as legal. See Tennessee Code 1-3-105
- State: when applied to the different parts of the United States, includes the District of Columbia and the several territories of the United States. See Tennessee Code 1-3-105
- United States: includes the District of Columbia and the several territories of the United States. See Tennessee Code 1-3-105
- Year: means a calendar year, unless otherwise expressed. See Tennessee Code 1-3-105