Terms Used In New York Laws > Banking > Article 10-A - State Savings and Loan Insurance Fund
- Acid deposition: means the wet or dry deposition from the atmosphere of chemical compounds, usually in the form of rain or snow, having the potential to form an aqueous compound with a pH level lower than the level considered normal under natural conditions, or lower than 5. See
- Act: means the Federal Clean Air Act, 42 U. See
- Advice and consent: Under the Constitution, presidential nominations for executive and judicial posts take effect only when confirmed by the Senate, and international treaties become effective only when the Senate approves them by a two-thirds vote.
- Coal: means bituminous coal, anthracite coal or lignite. See
- Default: means an adjudication or other official determination of a court of competent jurisdiction or other public authority pursuant to which a conservator, receiver, or other legal custodian is appointed for an insured institution for the purpose of liquidation. See N.Y. Banking Law 420
- Deposition: An oral statement made before an officer authorized by law to administer oaths. Such statements are often taken to examine potential witnesses, to obtain discovery, or to be used later in trial.
- Emission: means the release of acid deposition precursors into the atmosphere from any facility or stationary source. See
- Environmental threshold value: means a deposition rate, expressed in kilograms of sulfate per hectare per year, at which no significant damaging chemical or biological effects of acid deposition have been reported, and above which there is high probability that such effects would occur. See
- facility: means a steam electric generating facility with a generating capacity of fifty thousand kilowatts or more which burns fossil fuel. See
- Final control target: means a limitation, expressed in terms of fuel sulfur content or equivalent emissions reductions, that will reduce the New York state share of total measured or estimated wet sulfate deposition in sensitive receptor areas by the percentage derived according to the following formula:
(Total measured or estimated New York's contribution to
wet sulfate deposition) minus total measured or esti-
(Environmental threshold value) mated wet sulfate deposition,
_______________________________ expressed as a percentage
Total measured or estimated
wet sulfate deposition
- Fund: means the state savings and loan insurance fund created by section four hundred twenty-a of this article. See N.Y. Banking Law 420
- Gift: A voluntary transfer or conveyance of property without consideration, or for less than full and adequate consideration based on fair market value.
- Insured account: means a savings account held by an insured member and which is insured under the provisions of this article. See N.Y. Banking Law 420
- insured member: means a savings and loan association whose application for membership in the fund has been accepted and approved; and which has made all payments required by this article; and whose membership has not been terminated. See N.Y. Banking Law 420
- Insured savings and loan association: means an association whose accounts are insured under this article. See N.Y. Banking Law 420
- Interim control target: means a limitation, expressed in terms of fuel sulfur content, that achieves a level of sulfur deposition reduction that is approximately forty per centum of the final control target. See
- Least emissions dispatch: means the utilization of the cleanest facility or other stationary source on a priority basis so that less clean facilities or stationary sources are operated at full capacity only when need arises. See
- Person: means any individual, public or private corporation, political subdivision, agency, board, department or bureau of the state, municipality, partnership, association, firm, trust, estate or any other legal entity whatsoever which is recognized by law as the subject of rights and duties. See
- Rescission: The cancellation of budget authority previously provided by Congress. The Impoundment Control Act of 1974 specifies that the President may propose to Congress that funds be rescinded. If both Houses have not approved a rescission proposal (by passing legislation) within 45 days of continuous session, any funds being withheld must be made available for obligation.
- Reserves: means the aggregate total of capital, advance premiums, assessments and retained earnings of the fund. See N.Y. Banking Law 420
- Stationary source: means any source other than major steam electric generating facilities that emits acid deposition precursors in excess of one hundred tons per year. See