Terms Used In New York Laws > Banking > Article 10-A - State Savings and Loan Insurance Fund
- Act: means the Federal Clean Air Act, 42 U. See N.Y. Environmental Conservation Law 19-0107
- Advice and consent: Under the Constitution, presidential nominations for executive and judicial posts take effect only when confirmed by the Senate, and international treaties become effective only when the Senate approves them by a two-thirds vote.
- Coal: means bituminous coal, anthracite coal or lignite. See N.Y. Environmental Conservation Law 19-0903
- Default: means an adjudication or other official determination of a court of competent jurisdiction or other public authority pursuant to which a conservator, receiver, or other legal custodian is appointed for an insured institution for the purpose of liquidation. See N.Y. Banking Law 420
- Deposition: An oral statement made before an officer authorized by law to administer oaths. Such statements are often taken to examine potential witnesses, to obtain discovery, or to be used later in trial.
- Emission: means the release of acid deposition precursors into the atmosphere from any facility or stationary source. See N.Y. Environmental Conservation Law 19-0903
- facility: means a steam electric generating facility with a generating capacity of fifty thousand kilowatts or more which burns fossil fuel. See N.Y. Environmental Conservation Law 19-0903
- Final control target: means a limitation, expressed in terms of fuel sulfur content or equivalent emissions reductions, that will reduce the New York state share of total measured or estimated wet sulfate deposition in sensitive receptor areas by the percentage derived according to the following formula:
(Total measured or estimated New York's contribution to
wet sulfate deposition) minus total measured or esti-
(Environmental threshold value) mated wet sulfate deposition,
_______________________________ expressed as a percentage
Total measured or estimated
wet sulfate deposition
- Fund: means the state savings and loan insurance fund created by section four hundred twenty-a of this article. See N.Y. Banking Law 420
- Insured account: means a savings account held by an insured member and which is insured under the provisions of this article. See N.Y. Banking Law 420
- insured member: means a savings and loan association whose application for membership in the fund has been accepted and approved; and which has made all payments required by this article; and whose membership has not been terminated. See N.Y. Banking Law 420
- Insured savings and loan association: means an association whose accounts are insured under this article. See N.Y. Banking Law 420
- Interim control target: means a limitation, expressed in terms of fuel sulfur content, that achieves a level of sulfur deposition reduction that is approximately forty per centum of the final control target. See N.Y. Environmental Conservation Law 19-0903
- Judgement: The official decision of a court finally determining the respective rights and claims of the parties to a suit.
- Reserves: means the aggregate total of capital, advance premiums, assessments and retained earnings of the fund. See N.Y. Banking Law 420
- Stationary source: means any source other than major steam electric generating facilities that emits acid deposition precursors in excess of one hundred tons per year. See N.Y. Environmental Conservation Law 19-0903