Tennessee Code > Title 47 > Chapter 4 > Part 4 – Relationship Between Payor Bank and Its Customer
Current as of: 2023 | Check for updates | Other versions
Terms Used In Tennessee Code > Title 47 > Chapter 4 > Part 4 - Relationship Between Payor Bank and Its Customer
- Account: means any deposit or credit account with a bank, including a demand, time, savings, passbook, share draft, or like account, other than an account evidenced by a certificate of deposit. See Tennessee Code 47-4-104
- Arrest: Taking physical custody of a person by lawful authority.
- Customer: means a person having an account with a bank or for whom a bank has agreed to collect items, including a bank that maintains an account at another bank. See Tennessee Code 47-4-104
- Damages: Money paid by defendants to successful plaintiffs in civil cases to compensate the plaintiffs for their injuries.
- Item: means an instrument or a promise or order to pay money handled by a bank for collection or payment. See Tennessee Code 47-4-104
- Obligation: An order placed, contract awarded, service received, or similar transaction during a given period that will require payments during the same or a future period.
- Person: includes a corporation, firm, company or association. See Tennessee Code 1-3-105
- signed: includes a mark, the name being written near the mark and witnessed, or any other symbol or methodology executed or adopted by a party with intention to authenticate a writing or record, regardless of being witnessed. See Tennessee Code 1-3-105
- Year: means a calendar year, unless otherwise expressed. See Tennessee Code 1-3-105