Tennessee Code > Title 50 > Chapter 5 > Part 2 – Tennessee Protection of Minor Performers Act
Current as of: 2023 | Check for updates | Other versions
Terms Used In Tennessee Code > Title 50 > Chapter 5 > Part 2 - Tennessee Protection of Minor Performers Act
- Age of majority: means eighteen (18) years of age or older. See Tennessee Code 1-3-105
- Amendment: A proposal to alter the text of a pending bill or other measure by striking out some of it, by inserting new language, or both. Before an amendment becomes part of the measure, thelegislature must agree to it.
- Artistic or creative services: means , but is not limited to, services as an actor, actress, dancer, musician, comedian, vocalist, including demonstration recordings, stunt-person, voice-over artist, model, or other performer or entertainer, or as a songwriter, musical producer or arranger, writer, director, producer, production executive, choreographer, composer, conductor, or designer, or other performing artist. See Tennessee Code 50-5-203
- Chambers: A judge's office.
- Contract: A legal written agreement that becomes binding when signed.
- Corporation: A legal entity owned by the holders of shares of stock that have been issued, and that can own, receive, and transfer property, and carry on business in its own name.
- Fraud: Intentional deception resulting in injury to another.
- Guardian: A person legally empowered and charged with the duty of taking care of and managing the property of another person who because of age, intellect, or health, is incapable of managing his (her) own affairs.
- Jurisdiction: (1) The legal authority of a court to hear and decide a case. Concurrent jurisdiction exists when two courts have simultaneous responsibility for the same case. (2) The geographic area over which the court has authority to decide cases.
- Minor: means any person who has not attained eighteen (18) years of age and has not had the disability of minority removed so as to make this part inapplicable. See Tennessee Code 50-5-203
- Person: includes a corporation, firm, company or association. See Tennessee Code 1-3-105
- Probate: Proving a will
- Property: includes both personal and real property. See Tennessee Code 1-3-105
- Record: means information that is inscribed on a tangible medium or that is stored in an electronic or other medium and is retrievable in a perceivable form. See Tennessee Code 1-3-105
- State: when applied to the different parts of the United States, includes the District of Columbia and the several territories of the United States. See Tennessee Code 1-3-105
- Trust account: A general term that covers all types of accounts in a trust department, such as estates, guardianships, and agencies. Source: OCC
- Trustee: A person or institution holding and administering property in trust.
- Year: means a calendar year, unless otherwise expressed. See Tennessee Code 1-3-105