|Part 1||Tax Return Preparer Act of 1969||62-29-101 – 62-29-106|
|Part 2||Refund Anticipation Loans||62-29-201 – 62-29-205|
Terms Used In Tennessee Code > Title 62 > Chapter 29 - Tax Returns and Refunds
- Annual percentage rate: The cost of credit at a yearly rate. It is calculated in a standard way, taking the average compound interest rate over the term of the loan so borrowers can compare loans. Lenders are required by law to disclose a card account's APR. Source: FDIC
- Applicant: means a customer who applies for a refund anticipation loan through a facilitator. See Tennessee Code 62-29-201
- Borrower: means an applicant who receives a refund anticipation loan through a facilitator. See Tennessee Code 62-29-201
- Corporation: A legal entity owned by the holders of shares of stock that have been issued, and that can own, receive, and transfer property, and carry on business in its own name.
- Customer: means an individual for whom tax preparation services are performed. See Tennessee Code 62-29-201
- Facilitator: means a person who receives or accepts for delivery an application for a refund anticipation loan, delivers a check in payment of refund anticipation loan proceeds or in any other manner acts to allow the making of a refund anticipation loan. See Tennessee Code 62-29-201
- Fraud: Intentional deception resulting in injury to another.
- Obligation: An order placed, contract awarded, service received, or similar transaction during a given period that will require payments during the same or a future period.
- Partnership: A voluntary contract between two or more persons to pool some or all of their assets into a business, with the agreement that there will be a proportional sharing of profits and losses.
- Person: means a natural person, corporation, association, partnership or any organized group of persons. See Tennessee Code 62-29-102
- Person: means an individual, a firm, a proprietorship, an association, a corporation or another entity. See Tennessee Code 62-29-201
- Person: includes the singular and the plural and means and includes any individual, firm, partnership, copartnership, association, corporation, governmental subdivision or agency, or other organization or other legal entity, or any agent or servant thereof. See Tennessee Code 39-11-106
- Preparer of tax returns: means a person who, in consideration of compensation received or to be received by the person, offers to perform or holds that person out to perform services for residents or taxpayers of this state that involve advice concerning the preparation of returns required under state law, except the tax on income. See Tennessee Code 62-29-102
- Refund anticipation loan: means a loan, whether provided through a facilitator or by another entity such as a financial institution, in anticipation of and whose payment is secured by a customer's federal or state income tax refund, or by both. See Tennessee Code 62-29-201
- Refund anticipation loan fee: means any fee, charge or other consideration imposed by a lender or a facilitator for a refund anticipation loan. See Tennessee Code 62-29-201
- Representative: when applied to those who represent a decedent, includes executors and administrators, unless the context implies heirs and distributees. See Tennessee Code 1-3-105
- Settlement: Parties to a lawsuit resolve their difference without having a trial. Settlements often involve the payment of compensation by one party in satisfaction of the other party's claims.
- State: when applied to the different parts of the United States, includes the District of Columbia and the several territories of the United States. See Tennessee Code 1-3-105
- Statute: A law passed by a legislature.
- Tax return: means a return, declaration, statement, refund claim or other document required to be made or filed in connection with state or federal income taxes. See Tennessee Code 62-29-201
- Truth in Lending Act: The Truth in Lending Act is a federal law that requires lenders to provide standardized information so that borrowers can compare loan terms. In general, lenders must provide information on Source: OCC
- United States: includes the District of Columbia and the several territories of the United States. See Tennessee Code 1-3-105
- written: includes printing, typewriting, engraving, lithography, and any other mode of representing words and letters. See Tennessee Code 1-3-105