Terms Used In Tennessee Code > Title 65 > Chapter 9
- Act of terrorism: means an act or acts constituting a violation of this part, any other offense under the laws of Tennessee, or an act or acts constituting an offense in any other jurisdiction within or outside the territorial boundaries of the United States that contains all of the elements constituting a violation of this part or is otherwise an offense under the laws of such jurisdiction, that is intended, directly or indirectly, to:
(A) Intimidate or coerce a civilian population. See Tennessee Code 39-13-803
- Chemical warfare agents: include , but are not limited to, the following agents, or any analog of these agents, intended for use in war or other attack to cause disease or death in humans, animals, or plants:
(A) Nerve agents, including, but not limited to:
(i) Ethyl NN- dimethylphosphoramidocyanidate (Tabun, or GA). See Tennessee Code 39-13-803
- Coercion: means a threat, however communicated, to:
(A) Commit any offense. See Tennessee Code 39-11-106
- Conviction: A judgement of guilt against a criminal defendant.
- Defendant: means a person accused of an offense under this title and includes any person who aids or abets the commission of such offense. See Tennessee Code 39-11-106
- Designated entity: means any entity designated by the United States department of state as a foreign terrorist organization in accordance with § 219 of the Immigration and Nationality Act (8 U. See Tennessee Code 39-13-803
- Government: means the state or any political subdivision of the state, and includes any branch or agency of the state, a county, municipality or other political subdivision. See Tennessee Code 39-11-106
- Harm: means anything reasonably regarded as loss, disadvantage or injury, including harm to another person in whose welfare the person affected is interested. See Tennessee Code 39-11-106
- Intentional: means that a person acts intentionally with respect to the nature of the conduct or to a result of the conduct when it is the person's conscious objective or desire to engage in the conduct or cause the result. See Tennessee Code 39-11-106
- Litigation: A case, controversy, or lawsuit. Participants (plaintiffs and defendants) in lawsuits are called litigants.
- Person: includes the singular and the plural and means and includes any individual, firm, partnership, copartnership, association, corporation, governmental subdivision or agency, or other organization or other legal entity, or any agent or servant thereof. See Tennessee Code 39-11-106
- Plea: In a criminal case, the defendant's statement pleading "guilty" or "not guilty" in answer to the charges, a declaration made in open court.
- Property: means anything of value, including, but not limited to, money, real estate, tangible or intangible personal property, including anything severed from land, library material, contract rights, choses-in-action, interests in or claims to wealth, credit, admission or transportation tickets, captured or domestic animals, food and drink, electric or other power. See Tennessee Code 39-11-106
- Road: includes public bridges and may be held equivalent to the words "county way" "county road" or "state road". See Tennessee Code 1-3-105
- Services: includes labor, skill, professional service, transportation, telephone, mail, gas, electricity, steam, water, cable television, entertainment subscription service or other public services, accommodations in hotels, restaurants or elsewhere, admissions to exhibitions, use of vehicles or other movable property, and any other activity or product considered in the ordinary course of business to be a service, regardless of whether it is listed in this subdivision (a)(37) or a specific statute exists covering the same or similar conduct. See Tennessee Code 39-11-106
- Sex offender: means any person who is convicted in this state, on or after January 1, 1996, of any sex offense, or if such person has been convicted in another state of an offense that would constitute a sex offense in this state, and who is subject to parole or probation supervision by the department of correction pursuant to an interstate compact. See Tennessee Code 39-13-703
- Sex offense: means any felony or misdemeanor offense described as follows:
(A) The commission of any act that, on or after January 1, 1996, constitutes the criminal offense of:
- Training: means instruction or teaching designed to impart a specific skill, as opposed to general knowledge. See Tennessee Code 39-13-803
- Treatment: means therapy and supervision of any sex offender that conforms to the standards created by the board pursuant to §. See Tennessee Code 39-13-703
- Verdict: The decision of a petit jury or a judge.
- Weapon of mass destruction: includes chemical warfare agents, biological or biologic warfare agents, weaponized agents, weaponized biological or biologic warfare agents, nuclear agents, radiological agents, or the intentional release of industrial agents as a weapon. See Tennessee Code 39-13-803
- Weaponized biological or biologic warfare agents: include , but are not limited to, weaponized pathogens, such as bacteria, viruses, rickettsia, yeasts, fungi, or genetically engineered pathogens, toxins, vectors, and endogenous biological regulators (EBRs). See Tennessee Code 39-13-803