Terms Used In Texas Agriculture Code 15.001
- Department: means the Department of Agriculture. See Texas Agriculture Code 1.003
In this chapter:
(1) “Farmers market” means a location at which a group of two or more farmers that are certified under the department’s farmers market certification program offer produce for retail sale.
(2) “Food coupon” means any redemptive coupon issued by the Department of State Health Services under this chapter that is exchangeable only for produce at a farmers market.
(3) “Produce” means fresh fruits or vegetables.
(4) “W.I.C. program” means the federal special supplemental food program for women, infants, and children administered by the Department of State Health Services.