Terms Used In Texas Agriculture Code 47.051
- Department: means the Department of Agriculture. See Texas Agriculture Code 1.003
- Jurisdiction: (1) The legal authority of a court to hear and decide a case. Concurrent jurisdiction exists when two courts have simultaneous responsibility for the same case. (2) The geographic area over which the court has authority to decide cases.
In this chapter:
(1) Repealed by Acts 2021, 87th Leg., R.S., Ch. 848 (S.B. 703), Sec. 56(4), eff. September 1, 2021.
(2) “Coastal waters” means all the salt water of the state, including the portion of the Gulf of Mexico that is within the jurisdiction of the state.
(3) “Program” means the Texas shrimp marketing assistance program.
(4) “Shrimp marketing account” means the account in the general revenue fund established under Section 77.002(b), Parks and Wildlife Code.
(5) “Texas-produced shrimp” means wild-caught shrimp commercially harvested from coastal waters by a shrimp boat licensed by the Parks and Wildlife Department.