(a) The Texas shrimp marketing assistance program is established in the department to assist the Texas wild-caught shrimping industry in promoting and marketing Texas-produced shrimp and educating the public about the Texas wild-caught shrimping industry and Texas-produced shrimp.
(b) The commissioner shall adopt rules as necessary to implement the program.
Terms Used In Texas Agriculture Code 47.052
- Commissioner: means the commissioner of agriculture. See Texas Agriculture Code 1.003
- Corporation: A legal entity owned by the holders of shares of stock that have been issued, and that can own, receive, and transfer property, and carry on business in its own name.
- Department: means the Department of Agriculture. See Texas Agriculture Code 1.003
- Fiscal year: The fiscal year is the accounting period for the government. For the federal government, this begins on October 1 and ends on September 30. The fiscal year is designated by the calendar year in which it ends; for example, fiscal year 2006 begins on October 1, 2005 and ends on September 30, 2006.
- Gift: A voluntary transfer or conveyance of property without consideration, or for less than full and adequate consideration based on fair market value.
- Person: includes corporation, organization, government or governmental subdivision or agency, business trust, estate, trust, partnership, association, and any other legal entity. See Texas Government Code 311.005
(c) The department may accept grants, gifts, and gratuities from any source, including any governmental entity, any private or public corporation, and any other person, in furtherance of the program. Any funds received as a grant, gift, or gratuity shall be deposited in the shrimp marketing account under Section 77.002, Parks and Wildlife Code.
(d) The program shall be funded at a minimum level of $250,000 per fiscal year with funds deposited into the shrimp marketing account under Section 77.002, Parks and Wildlife Code. The department may not expend more than two percent of the annual program budget on out-of-state travel.