Terms Used In Texas Business Organizations Code 1.001
- Law: means , unless the context requires otherwise, both statutory and common law. See Texas Business Organizations Code 1.002
The purpose of this code is to make the law encompassed by this code more accessible and understandable by:
(1) rearranging the statutes into a more logical order;
(2) employing a format and numbering system designed to facilitate citation of the law and to accommodate future expansion of the law;
(3) eliminating repealed, duplicative, expired, executed, and other ineffective provisions; and
(4) restating the law in modern American English to the greatest extent possible.