|§ 251.151||Eligibility and Admission|
Terms Used In Texas Business Organizations Code Chapter 251 > Subchapter D - Membership
- Association: means an entity governed as an association under Title 6 or 7. See Texas Business Organizations Code 1.002
- Certificate of formation: means :
(A) the document required to be filed with the filing officer under Chapter Texas Business Organizations Code 1.002
- cooperative association: means an association governed as a cooperative association under Chapter Texas Business Organizations Code 1.002
- Dependent: A person dependent for support upon another.
- Member: means :
(A) in the case of a limited liability company, a person who has become, and has not ceased to be, a member in the limited liability company as provided by its governing documents or this code;
(B) in the case of a nonprofit corporation, a person who has membership rights in the nonprofit corporation under its governing documents;
(C) in the case of a cooperative association, a member of a nonshare or share association;
(D) in the case of a nonprofit association, a person who has membership rights in the nonprofit association under its governing documents; or
(E) in the case of a professional association, a person who has membership rights in the professional association under its governing documents. See Texas Business Organizations Code 1.002
- Partnership: A voluntary contract between two or more persons to pool some or all of their assets into a business, with the agreement that there will be a proportional sharing of profits and losses.
- Person: means an individual or a corporation, partnership, limited liability company, business trust, trust, association, or other organization, estate, government or governmental subdivision or agency, or other legal entity, or a series of a domestic limited liability company or foreign entity. See Texas Business Organizations Code 1.002
- Pleadings: Written statements of the parties in a civil case of their positions. In the federal courts, the principal pleadings are the complaint and the answer.
- Pro se: A Latin term meaning "on one's own behalf"; in courts, it refers to persons who present their own cases without lawyers.
- Share: means a unit into which the ownership interest in a for-profit corporation, professional corporation, real estate investment trust, or professional association is divided, regardless of whether the share is certificated or uncertificated. See Texas Business Organizations Code 1.002
- Subscriber: means a person who agrees with or makes an offer to an entity to purchase by subscription an ownership interest in the entity. See Texas Business Organizations Code 1.002
- Testimony: Evidence presented orally by witnesses during trials or before grand juries.
- Veto: The procedure established under the Constitution by which the President/Governor refuses to approve a bill or joint resolution and thus prevents its enactment into law. A regular veto occurs when the President/Governor returns the legislation to the house in which it originated. The President/Governor usually returns a vetoed bill with a message indicating his reasons for rejecting the measure. In Congress, the veto can be overridden only by a two-thirds vote in both the Senate and the House.
- written: means an expression of words, letters, characters, numbers, symbols, figures, or other textual information that is inscribed on a tangible medium or that is stored in an electronic or other medium that is retrievable in a perceivable form. See Texas Business Organizations Code 1.002