|§ 251.201||Share and Membership Certificates: Issuance and Contents|
|§ 251.202||Transfer of Shares and Membership; Withdrawal|
|§ 251.203||Share and Membership Certificates; Recall|
|§ 251.204||Certificates; Attachment|
Terms Used In Texas Business Organizations Code Chapter 251 > Subchapter E - Shares
- Association: means an entity governed as an association under Title 6 or 7. See Texas Business Organizations Code 1.002
- Attachment: A procedure by which a person's property is seized to pay judgments levied by the court.
- Charity: An agency, institution, or organization in existence and operating for the benefit of an indefinite number of persons and conducted for educational, religious, scientific, medical, or other beneficent purposes.
- cooperative association: means an association governed as a cooperative association under Chapter Texas Business Organizations Code 1.002
- Docket: A log containing brief entries of court proceedings.
- Garnishment: Generally, garnishment is a court proceeding in which a creditor asks a court to order a third party who owes money to the debtor or otherwise holds assets belonging to the debtor to turn over to the creditor any of the debtor
- Gift: A voluntary transfer or conveyance of property without consideration, or for less than full and adequate consideration based on fair market value.
- Member: means :
(A) in the case of a limited liability company, a person who has become, and has not ceased to be, a member in the limited liability company as provided by its governing documents or this code;
(B) in the case of a nonprofit corporation, a person who has membership rights in the nonprofit corporation under its governing documents;
(C) in the case of a cooperative association, a member of a nonshare or share association;
(D) in the case of a nonprofit association, a person who has membership rights in the nonprofit association under its governing documents; or
(E) in the case of a professional association, a person who has membership rights in the professional association under its governing documents. See Texas Business Organizations Code 1.002
- Rule: includes regulation. See Texas Government Code 311.005
- written: means an expression of words, letters, characters, numbers, symbols, figures, or other textual information that is inscribed on a tangible medium or that is stored in an electronic or other medium that is retrievable in a perceivable form. See Texas Business Organizations Code 1.002