|§ 93.001||Assumption of the Risk: Affirmative Defense|
|§ 93.002||Dry Fire Hydrants: Affirmative Defense|
Terms Used In Texas Civil Practice and Remedies Code Chapter 93
- Common law: The legal system that originated in England and is now in use in the United States. It is based on judicial decisions rather than legislative action.
- Defendant: In a civil suit, the person complained against; in a criminal case, the person accused of the crime.
- Felony: A crime carrying a penalty of more than a year in prison.
- Plaintiff: The person who files the complaint in a civil lawsuit.
- Statute: A law passed by a legislature.