Terms Used In Texas Code of Criminal Procedure Chapter 12 - Limitation
- Dismissal: The dropping of a case by the judge without further consideration or hearing. Source:
- Felony: A crime carrying a penalty of more than a year in prison.
- Fiduciary: A trustee, executor, or administrator.
- Forgery: The fraudulent signing or alteration of another's name to an instrument such as a deed, mortgage, or check. The intent of the forgery is to deceive or defraud. Source: OCC
- Grand jury: agreement providing that a lender will delay exercising its rights (in the case of a mortgage,
- Legatee: A beneficiary of a decedent
- Pleadings: Written statements of the parties in a civil case of their positions. In the federal courts, the principal pleadings are the complaint and the answer.
- Probable cause: A reasonable ground for belief that the offender violated a specific law.