Terms Used In Texas Estates Code 355.112
- Decedent: A deceased person.
- Estate: means a decedent's property, as that property:
(1) exists originally and as the property changes in form by sale, reinvestment, or otherwise;
(2) is augmented by any accretions and other additions to the property, including any property to be distributed to the decedent's representative by the trustee of a trust that terminates on the decedent's death, and substitutions for the property; and
(3) is diminished by any decreases in or distributions from the property. See Texas Estates Code 22.012
- Obligation: An order placed, contract awarded, service received, or similar transaction during a given period that will require payments during the same or a future period.
- Person: includes a natural person and a corporation. See Texas Estates Code 22.027
On the death of a person jointly bound with one or more other persons for the payment of a debt or for any other purpose, the decedent‘s estate shall be charged by virtue of the obligation in the same manner as if the obligors had been bound severally as well as jointly.