Terms Used In Texas Estates Code 453.001
- Estate: means a decedent's property, as that property:
(1) exists originally and as the property changes in form by sale, reinvestment, or otherwise;
(2) is augmented by any accretions and other additions to the property, including any property to be distributed to the decedent's representative by the trustee of a trust that terminates on the decedent's death, and substitutions for the property; and
(3) is diminished by any decreases in or distributions from the property. See Texas Estates Code 22.012
- Property: means real and personal property. See Texas Government Code 311.005
This chapter does not prohibit the administration of community property under other provisions of this title relating to the administration of an estate.