Texas Family Code 234.007 – Notice of Place of Payment
(a) A court that orders a party to pay child support under a temporary or final order shall order that all child support payments be paid through the state disbursement unit, including any child support that the court orders an employer to withhold from the income of the obligor.
(b) In order to redirect payments to the state disbursement unit, the Title IV-D agency shall issue a notice of place of payment informing the obligor, obligee, and employer that income withheld for child support is to be paid to the state disbursement unit and may not be remitted to a local registry, the obligee, or any other person or agency. If withheld support has been paid to a local registry, the Title IV-D agency shall send the notice to the registry to redirect any payments to the state disbursement unit.
Terms Used In Texas Family Code 234.007
- Jurisdiction: (1) The legal authority of a court to hear and decide a case. Concurrent jurisdiction exists when two courts have simultaneous responsibility for the same case. (2) The geographic area over which the court has authority to decide cases.
- Person: includes corporation, organization, government or governmental subdivision or agency, business trust, estate, trust, partnership, association, and any other legal entity. See Texas Government Code 311.005
(c) A copy of the notice under Subsection (b) shall be filed with the court of continuing jurisdiction.
(d) The notice under Subsection (b) must include:
(1) the name of the child for whom support is ordered and of the person to whom support is ordered by the court to be paid;
(2) the style and cause number of the case in which support is ordered; and
(3) instructions for the payment of ordered support to the state disbursement unit.
(e) On receipt of a copy of the notice under Subsection (b), the clerk of the court shall file the notice in the appropriate case file.
(f) The notice under Subsection (b) may be used by the Title IV-D agency to redirect child support payments from the state disbursement unit of this state to the state disbursement unit of another state.