Terms Used In Texas Government Code 531.901
- Person: includes corporation, organization, government or governmental subdivision or agency, business trust, estate, trust, partnership, association, and any other legal entity. See Texas Government Code 311.005
In this subchapter:
(1) “Electronic health record” means an electronic record of aggregated health-related information concerning a person that conforms to nationally recognized interoperability standards and that can be created, managed, and consulted by authorized health care providers across two or more health care organizations.
(2) “Electronic medical record” means an electronic record of health-related information concerning a person that can be created, gathered, managed, and consulted by authorized clinicians and staff within a single health care organization.
(3) “Health information exchange system” means a health information exchange system created under this subchapter that moves health-related information among entities according to nationally recognized standards.
(4) “Local or regional health information exchange” means a health information exchange operating in this state that securely exchanges electronic health information, including information for patients receiving services under the child health plan program or Medicaid, among hospitals, clinics, physicians’ offices, and other health care providers that are not owned by a single entity or included in a single operational unit or network.