Terms Used In Texas Health and Safety Code 51.0001
- Trial: A hearing that takes place when the defendant pleads "not guilty" and witnesses are required to come to court to give evidence.
In this chapter:
(1) “Cancer clinical trial” means a research study that subjects an individual to a new cancer treatment, including a medication, chemotherapy, adult stem cell therapy, or other treatment.
(2) “Inducement” means the payment of money, including a lump-sum or salary payment, to an individual for the individual’s participation in a cancer clinical trial.
(3) “Program” means the cancer clinical trial participation program established under this chapter.
(4) “Subject” means an individual who participates in the program.