(a) The commission shall adopt rules that:
(1) govern the creation of an authority;
(2) govern the commission’s approval of a project under Section 370.187 and other commission approvals required by this chapter;
(3) establish design and construction standards for a transportation project that will connect with a highway in the state highway system or a department rail facility;
(4) establish minimum audit and reporting requirements and standards;
(5) establish minimum ethical standards for authority directors and employees; and
(6) govern the authority of an authority to contract with the United Mexican States or a state of the United Mexican States.
(b) The commission shall appoint a rules advisory committee to advise the department and the commission on the development of the commission’s initial rules required by this section. The committee must include one or more members representing an existing authority, if applicable. Chapter 2110, Government Code, does not apply to the committee. This subsection expires on the date the commission adopts initial rules under this section.
Terms Used In Texas Transportation Code 370.038
- Contract: A legal written agreement that becomes binding when signed.