||If the commission finds that the owner or operator of a vehicle who is liable for the payment of any registration fee required by this chapter plans to depart quickly from the state, to remove the owner or operator’s property from the state, to conceal the owner or operator’s person or property, or do any other act tending to prejudice or render wholly or partially ineffectual proceedings to collect the registration fees, the commission shall follow the emergency procedures set forth in Title 63G, Chapter 4, Administrative Procedures Act, and declare that the registration fees are immediately due and payable.
Terms Used In Utah Code 41-1a-119
- Commission: means the State Tax Commission. See Utah Code 41-1a-102
- Owner: means a person, other than a lienholder, holding title to a vehicle, vessel, or outboard motor whether or not the vehicle, vessel, or outboard motor is subject to a security interest. See Utah Code 41-1a-102
- Person: means :Utah Code 68-3-12.5
- Property: includes both real and personal property. See Utah Code 68-3-12.5
- Registration: means a document issued by a jurisdiction that allows operation of a vehicle or vessel on the highways or waters of this state for the time period for which the registration is valid and that is evidence of compliance with the registration requirements of the jurisdiction. See Utah Code 41-1a-102
- State: when applied to the different parts of the United States, includes a state, district, or territory of the United States. See Utah Code 68-3-12.5
- Vehicle: includes a motor vehicle, trailer, semitrailer, off-highway vehicle, camper, park model recreational vehicle, manufactured home, and mobile home. See Utah Code 41-1a-102
||When the commission issues its emergency order, the registration fees are immediately due and payable after notice is given to the owner or operator of the vehicle.
Amended by Chapter 382, 2008 General Session