Utah Code > Title 32B > Chapter 12 – Liquor Warehousing License Act
Current as of: 2022 | Check for updates | Other versions
|Part 1||General Provisions||32B-12-101 – 32B-12-102|
|Part 2||Liquor Warehousing License Process||32B-12-201 – 32B-12-206|
|Part 3||Operational Requirements for Liquor Warehousing License||32B-12-301 – 32B-12-302|
Terms Used In Utah Code > Title 32B > Chapter 12 - Liquor Warehousing License Act
- Adjudicative proceeding: means :Utah Code 68-3-12.5
- Affidavit: A written statement of facts confirmed by the oath of the party making it, before a notary or officer having authority to administer oaths.
- Amendment: A proposal to alter the text of a pending bill or other measure by striking out some of it, by inserting new language, or both. Before an amendment becomes part of the measure, thelegislature must agree to it.
- Answer: The formal written statement by a defendant responding to a civil complaint and setting forth the grounds for defense.
- Beer: means a product that:
(i) contains: (A) at least . See Utah Code 32B-1-102
- Beer wholesaling license: means a license:
(a) issued in accordance with Chapter 13, Beer Wholesaling License Act; and (b) to import for sale, or sell beer in wholesale or jobbing quantities to one or more retail licensees or off-premise beer retailers. See Utah Code 32B-1-102
- Board: means the Online Prescribing, Dispensing, and Facilitation Licensing Board created in Section 58-83-201. See Utah Code 58-83-102
- Board: means the Waste Management and Radiation Control Board created in Section 19-1-106. See Utah Code 19-6-102
- Branching questionnaire: means an adaptive and progressive assessment tool approved by the board. See Utah Code 58-83-102
- Commission: means the Alcoholic Beverage Services Commission created in Section 32B-2-201. See Utah Code 32B-1-102
- Complaint: A written statement by the plaintiff stating the wrongs allegedly committed by the defendant.
- Contract: A legal written agreement that becomes binding when signed.
- Corporation: A legal entity owned by the holders of shares of stock that have been issued, and that can own, receive, and transfer property, and carry on business in its own name.
- Delivery of online pharmaceutical services: means the process in which a prescribing practitioner diagnoses a patient and prescribes one or more of the drugs authorized by Section 58-83-306, using:
(a) a branching questionnaire or other assessment tool approved by the division for the purpose of diagnosing and assessing a patient's health status; (b) an Internet contract pharmacy to: (i) dispense the prescribed drug; or (ii) transfer the prescription to another pharmacy; and (c) an Internet facilitator to facilitate the practices described in Subsections (3)(a) and (b). See Utah Code 58-83-102
- Department: means the Department of Alcoholic Beverage Services created in Section 32B-2-203. See Utah Code 32B-1-102
- Disposal: means the discharge, deposit, injection, dumping, spilling, leaking, or placing of any solid or hazardous waste into or on land or water so that the waste or any constituent of the waste may enter the environment, be emitted into the air, or discharged into any waters, including groundwaters. See Utah Code 19-6-102
- Division: means the Division of Professional Licensing. See Utah Code 58-83-102
- Event permit: means :
(a) a single event permit; or (b) a temporary beer event permit. See Utah Code 32B-1-102
- generated: means the act or process of producing nonhazardous solid or hazardous waste. See Utah Code 19-6-102
- Hazardous waste: means a solid waste or combination of solid wastes other than household waste that, because of its quantity, concentration, or physical, chemical, or infectious characteristics may cause or significantly contribute to an increase in mortality or an increase in serious irreversible or incapacitating reversible illness or may pose a substantial present or potential hazard to human health or the environment when improperly treated, stored, transported, disposed of, or otherwise managed. See Utah Code 19-6-102
- Internet facilitator: means a licensed provider of a web-based system for electronic communication between and among an online prescriber, the online prescriber's patient, and the online contract pharmacy. See Utah Code 58-83-102
- License: means :
(a) a retail license; (b) a sublicense; (c) a license issued in accordance with Chapter 7, Part 4, Off-Premise Beer Retailer State License; (d) a license issued in accordance with Chapter 11, Manufacturing and Related Licenses Act; (e) a license issued in accordance with Chapter 12, Liquor Warehousing License Act; (f) a license issued in accordance with Chapter 13, Beer Wholesaling License Act; or (g) a license issued in accordance with Chapter 17, Liquor Transport License Act. See Utah Code 32B-1-102
- Licensee: means a person who holds a license. See Utah Code 32B-1-102
- Liquor: includes :
(A) heavy beer; (B) wine; and (C) a flavored malt beverage. See Utah Code 32B-1-102
- Liquor warehousing license: means a license that is issued:
(a) in accordance with Chapter 12, Liquor Warehousing License Act; and (b) to a person, other than a licensed manufacturer, who engages in the importation for storage, sale, or distribution of liquor regardless of amount. See Utah Code 32B-1-102
- Local authority: means :
(a) for premises that are located in an unincorporated area of a county, the governing body of a county; (b) for premises that are located in an incorporated city, town, or metro township, the governing body of the city, town, or metro township; or (c) for premises that are located in a project area as defined in Section 63H-1-102 and in a project area plan adopted by the Military Installation Development Authority under Title 63H, Chapter 1, Military Installation Development Authority Act, the Military Installation Development Authority. See Utah Code 32B-1-102
- Minor: means an individual under 21 years old. See Utah Code 32B-1-102
- Online contract pharmacy: means a pharmacy licensed and in good standing under Chapter 17b, Pharmacy Practice Act, as either a Class A Retail Pharmacy or a Class B Closed Door Pharmacy and licensed under this chapter to fulfill prescriptions issued by an online prescriber through a specific Internet facilitator. See Utah Code 58-83-102
- Online prescriber: means a person:
(a) licensed under another chapter of this title; (b) whose license under another chapter of this title includes assessing, diagnosing, and prescribing authority for humans; and (c) who has obtained a license under this chapter to engage in online prescribing. See Utah Code 58-83-102
- Oversight: Committee review of the activities of a Federal agency or program.
- Package agency: means a retail liquor location operated:
(a) under an agreement with the department; and (b) by a person: (i) other than the state; and (ii) who is authorized by the commission in accordance with Chapter 2, Part 6, Package Agency, to sell packaged liquor for consumption off the premises of the package agency. See Utah Code 32B-1-102
- Person: means :Utah Code 68-3-12.5
- Practice of music therapy: means the clinical and evidence-based use of music interventions to accomplish individualized goals within a therapeutic relationship. See Utah Code 58-84-102
- Premises: means a building, enclosure, or room used in connection with the storage, sale, furnishing, consumption, manufacture, or distribution, of an alcoholic product, unless otherwise defined in this title or rules made by the commission. See Utah Code 32B-1-102
- Presiding officer: A majority-party Senator who presides over the Senate and is charged with maintaining order and decorum, recognizing Members to speak, and interpreting the Senate's rules, practices and precedents.
- Probation: A sentencing alternative to imprisonment in which the court releases convicted defendants under supervision as long as certain conditions are observed.
- Process: means a writ or summons issued in the course of a judicial proceeding. See Utah Code 68-3-12.5
- Property: includes both real and personal property. See Utah Code 68-3-12.5
- Record: includes :
(i) a book; (ii) a book of account; (iii) a paper; (iv) a contract; (v) an agreement; (vi) a document; or (vii) a recording in any medium. See Utah Code 32B-1-102
- Solid waste: means garbage, refuse, sludge, including sludge from a waste treatment plant, water supply treatment plant, or air pollution control facility, or other discarded material, including solid, liquid, semi-solid, or contained gaseous material resulting from industrial, commercial, mining, or agricultural operations and from community activities. See Utah Code 19-6-102
- Staff: includes :
(i) an officer; (ii) a director; (iii) an employee; (iv) personnel management; (v) an agent of the licensee, including a managing agent; (vi) an operator; or (vii) a representative. See Utah Code 32B-1-102
- State: when applied to the different parts of the United States, includes a state, district, or territory of the United States. See Utah Code 68-3-12.5
- State certification: means a designation granted by the division on behalf of the state to an individual who has met the requirements for state certification related to an occupation or profession described in this chapter. See Utah Code 58-84-102
- State certified: means , when used in conjunction with an occupation or profession described in this chapter, a title that:
(a) may be used by a person who has met the state certification requirements related to that occupation or profession described in this chapter; and (b) may not be used by a person who has not met the state certification requirements related to that occupation or profession described in this chapter. See Utah Code 58-84-102
- Storage: means the actual or intended containment of solid or hazardous waste either on a temporary basis or for a period of years in such a manner as not to constitute disposal of the waste. See Utah Code 19-6-102
- Treatment: means a method, technique, or process designed to change the physical, chemical, or biological character or composition of any solid or hazardous waste so as to neutralize the waste or render the waste nonhazardous, safer for transport, amenable for recovery, amenable to storage, or reduced in volume. See Utah Code 19-6-102
- Unprofessional conduct: is a s defined in Sections 58-1-203 and 58-83-502, and as further defined by the division in accordance with Title 63G, Chapter 3, Utah Administrative Rulemaking Act. See Utah Code 58-83-102
- Beer wholesaling license: means a license: