|§ 261||Additional powers|
|§ 263||Mortgage loan; limitations|
|§ 264||Accelerated repayment provisions|
Terms Used In Vermont Statutes > Title 10 > Chapter 12 > Subchapter 5
- Assets: (1) The property comprising the estate of a deceased person, or (2) the property in a trust account.
- Authority: means the Vermont Economic Development Authority established under section 213 of this title. See
- Buyer: means a person who buys or contracts to buy goods. See
- Contract: A legal written agreement that becomes binding when signed.
- Corporation: A legal entity owned by the holders of shares of stock that have been issued, and that can own, receive, and transfer property, and carry on business in its own name.
- Damages: Money paid by defendants to successful plaintiffs in civil cases to compensate the plaintiffs for their injuries.
- eligible facility: means the creation, establishment, acquisition, construction, expansion, improvement, reclamation, or renovation of an eligible facility. See
- eligible project: means any industrial, commercial, or agricultural enterprise or endeavor approved by the Authority that meets the criteria established in the Vermont Sustainable Jobs Strategy adopted by the Governor under section 280b of this title, including land and rights in land, air, or water, buildings, structures, machinery, and equipment of such eligible facilities or eligible projects, except that an eligible facility or project shall not include the portion of an enterprise or endeavor relating to the sale of goods at retail where such goods are manufactured primarily out of state, and except further that an eligible facility or project shall not include the portion of an enterprise or endeavor relating to housing. See
- following: when used by way of reference to a section of the law shall mean the next preceding or following section. See
- Foreclosure: A legal process in which property that is collateral or security for a loan may be sold to help repay the loan when the loan is in default. Source: OCC
- Industrial park: means an area of land planned and designed as a location for one or more industrial buildings, including adequate access roads, utilities, and other services necessary for eligible facilities. See
- Lease: A contract transferring the use of property or occupancy of land, space, structures, or equipment in consideration of a payment (e.g., rent). Source: OCC
- Lien: A claim against real or personal property in satisfaction of a debt.
- Local Development Corporation: means any nonprofit organization incorporated in the State for the purpose of fostering, encouraging, and assisting the physical location of business enterprises within the State and having as its principal purpose the industrial and economic development of one or more political subdivisions, and shall include the Northeastern Vermont Development Association and any State development company organized under subdivision 216(13) of this title; however, in addition to the foregoing, for the purpose of providing assistance to small business incubator facilities, any nonprofit organization that enters into a written agreement with the Authority to establish, operate, and administer a small business incubator facility, including municipalities, local or regional nonprofit development corporations, and higher educational institutions, shall have the rights and obligations of a local development corporation under this chapter. See
- Mortgage: The written agreement pledging property to a creditor as collateral for a loan.
- Mortgage loan: A loan made by a lender to a borrower for the financing of real property. Source: OCC
- Mortgagor: The person who pledges property to a creditor as collateral for a loan and who receives the money.
- Municipality: means a city, town, or incorporated village. See
- Obligation: An order placed, contract awarded, service received, or similar transaction during a given period that will require payments during the same or a future period.
- Partnership: A voluntary contract between two or more persons to pool some or all of their assets into a business, with the agreement that there will be a proportional sharing of profits and losses.
- Person: shall include any natural person, corporation, municipality, the State of Vermont or any department, agency, or subdivision of the State, and any partnership, unincorporated association, or other legal entity. See
- Personal property: All property that is not real property.
- Real property: Land, and all immovable fixtures erected on, growing on, or affixed to the land.
- Seller: means a person who sells or contracts to sell goods. See
- State: when applied to the different parts of the United States may apply to the District of Columbia and any territory and the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico. See
- Tenant: means the tenant or occupier of an eligible facility; or small business incubator facility. See