|§ 1012||If a parent is deceased or cannot decide|
|§ 1015||Limit on refiling|
|§ 1016||Automatic expiration|
Terms Used In Vermont Statutes > Title 15 > Chapter 18
- Affidavit: A written statement of facts confirmed by the oath of the party making it, before a notary or officer having authority to administer oaths.
- Appeal: A request made after a trial, asking another court (usually the court of appeals) to decide whether the trial was conducted properly. To make such a request is "to appeal" or "to take an appeal." One who appeals is called the appellant.
- Court: means the court with jurisdiction over the proceeding. See
- Defendant: In a civil suit, the person complained against; in a criminal case, the person accused of the crime.
- Deploying parent: means a military parent who has been notified by military leadership that he or she will deploy or mobilize with the U. See
- Evidence: Information presented in testimony or in documents that is used to persuade the fact finder (judge or jury) to decide the case for one side or the other.
- following: when used by way of reference to a section of the law shall mean the next preceding or following section. See
- Jurisdiction: (1) The legal authority of a court to hear and decide a case. Concurrent jurisdiction exists when two courts have simultaneous responsibility for the same case. (2) The geographic area over which the court has authority to decide cases.
- Military parent: means a natural parent, adoptive parent, or legal parent of a child under the age of 18 whose parental rights have not been terminated or transferred to the state or another person through a juvenile proceeding pursuant to 33 V. See
- Nondeploying parent: means a parent who is either not a member of the U. See
- Person: shall include any natural person, corporation, municipality, the State of Vermont or any department, agency, or subdivision of the State, and any partnership, unincorporated association, or other legal entity. See
- Support: means periodic payments ordered for the support of dependent children or, for the purposes of sections 783-790 of this title only, a spouse. See
- Testimony: Evidence presented orally by witnesses during trials or before grand juries.