|§ 2021.||Statement of purpose|
|§ 2023.||Clinical pharmacy; prescribing|
Terms Used In Vermont Statutes > Title 26 > Chapter 36 > Subchapter 1 - General Provisions
- Appropriation: The provision of funds, through an annual appropriations act or a permanent law, for federal agencies to make payments out of the Treasury for specified purposes. The formal federal spending process consists of two sequential steps: authorization
- Blood: means whole blood collected from a single donor and processed either for transfusion or further manufacturing. See
- Board: means the Vermont State Board of Pharmacy. See
- clinical pharmacy: means :
- Collaborative practice agreement: means a written agreement between a pharmacist and a health care facility or prescribing practitioner that permits the pharmacist to engage in the practice of clinical pharmacy for the benefit of the facility's or practitioner's patients. See
- common control: means the power to direct or cause the direction of the management and policies of a person or an organization, whether by ownership of stock, voting rights, by contract or otherwise. See
- Contract: A legal written agreement that becomes binding when signed.
- Corporation: A legal entity owned by the holders of shares of stock that have been issued, and that can own, receive, and transfer property, and carry on business in its own name.
- dispensing: means the preparation and delivery of a prescription drug pursuant to a lawful order of a practitioner in a suitable container appropriately labeled for subsequent administration to or use by a patient or other individual entitled to receive the prescription drug. See
- Donor: The person who makes a gift.
- Drug: means :
- Fair market value: The price at which an asset would change hands in a transaction between a willing, informed buyer and a willing, informed seller.
- Fees: shall mean earnings due for official services, aside from salaries or per diem compensation. See
- Jurisdiction: (1) The legal authority of a court to hear and decide a case. Concurrent jurisdiction exists when two courts have simultaneous responsibility for the same case. (2) The geographic area over which the court has authority to decide cases.
- Justice: when applied to a person, other than a Justice of the Supreme Court, shall mean a justice of the peace for the county for which he or she is elected or appointed. See
- Lease: A contract transferring the use of property or occupancy of land, space, structures, or equipment in consideration of a payment (e.g., rent). Source: OCC
- Manufacturer: means a person, regardless of form, engaged in the manufacturing of drugs or devices. See
- Manufacturing: includes the packaging or repackaging of a drug or device; the labeling or relabeling of the container of a drug or device for resale by a pharmacy, practitioner, or other person; and virtual manufacturing by an entity that sells its own prescription drug or device without physically possessing the product. See
- Nonprescription drugs: means nonnarcotic medicines or drugs that may be sold without a prescription and that are prepackaged for use by the consumer and labeled in accordance with the requirements of the statutes and regulations of this State and the federal government. See
- Person: shall include any natural person, corporation, municipality, the State of Vermont or any department, agency, or subdivision of the State, and any partnership, unincorporated association, or other legal entity. See
- Pharmacist: means an individual licensed under this chapter. See
- Practice of pharmacy: means :
- Practitioner: means an individual authorized by the laws of the United States or its jurisdictions or Canada to prescribe and administer prescription drugs in the course of his or her professional practice and permitted by that authorization to dispense, conduct research with respect to, or administer drugs in the course of his or her professional practice or research in his or her respective state or province. See
- Prescription drug: means any human drug required by federal law or regulation to be dispensed only by a prescription, including finished dosage forms and active ingredients subject to Section 503(b) of the Federal Food, Drug and Cosmetic Act. See
- Real property: Land, and all immovable fixtures erected on, growing on, or affixed to the land.
- State: when applied to the different parts of the United States may apply to the District of Columbia and any territory and the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico. See
- Wholesale distribution: means distribution of prescription drugs to persons other than a consumer or patient, but does not include: