The application for a license shall also be accompanied by a bond filed with the Commissioner with corporate surety authorized to execute such bond in the Commonwealth, in the sum of $50,000 per location, or such greater sum as the Commission may require, but not to exceed a total of $500,000. The form of such bond shall be approved by the Commission. Such bond shall be continuously maintained thereafter in full force. Such bond shall be conditioned upon the applicant or licensee performing all written agreements with borrowers or prospective borrowers, correctly and accurately accounting for all funds received by him in his licensed business, and conducting his licensed business in conformity with this chapter and all applicable laws. Any person who may be damaged by noncompliance of the licensee with any condition of such bond may proceed on such bond against the principal or surety thereon, or both, to recover damages. The aggregate liability under the bond shall not exceed the penal sum of the bond.
Terms Used In Virginia Code 6.2-2204
- Bond: includes any form of financial instrument that provides security equivalent to that provided by a bond, such as an irrevocable letter of credit, if its use in lieu of a bond is authorized pursuant to regulations adopted by the Commission. See Virginia Code 6.2-2200
- Commission: means the State Corporation Commission. See Virginia Code 6.2-100
- Commissioner: means the Commissioner of Financial Institutions. See Virginia Code 6.2-100
- Damages: Money paid by defendants to successful plaintiffs in civil cases to compensate the plaintiffs for their injuries.
- Licensee: means a person to whom a license has been issued under this chapter. See Virginia Code 6.2-2200
- Person: means any individual, corporation, partnership, association, cooperative, limited liability company, trust, joint venture, or other legal or commercial entity. See Virginia Code 6.2-2200
- Principal: means any person who, directly or indirectly, owns or controls (i) 10 percent or more of the outstanding stock of a stock corporation or (ii) a 10 percent or greater interest in any other type of entity. See Virginia Code 6.2-2200