|§ 59.1-148.3||Purchase of handguns or other weapons of certain officers|
|§ 59.1-148.4||Sale of firearms by law-enforcement agencies prohibited; exception|
Terms Used In Virginia Code > Title 59.1 > Chapter 11.1
- City: means an independent incorporated community which became a city as provided by law before noon on July 1, 1971, or which has within defined boundaries a population of 5,000 or more and which has become a city as provided by law. See Virginia Code 1-208
- Department: means the Department of Motor Vehicles. See Virginia Code 46.2-2000
- Fair market value: The price at which an asset would change hands in a transaction between a willing, informed buyer and a willing, informed seller.
- Governing body: means the board of supervisors of a county, council of a city, or council of a town, as context may require. See Virginia Code 46.2-100
- Judge: means any judge, associate judge or substitute judge of any court or any magistrate. See Virginia Code 19.2-5
- Juror: A person who is on the jury.
- License: means a license issued by the Department to a broker or a TNC broker. See Virginia Code 46.2-2000
- Motor vehicle: means every vehicle as defined in this section that is self-propelled or designed for self-propulsion except as otherwise provided in this title. See Virginia Code 46.2-100
- Operator: means the employer or person actually driving a motor vehicle or combination of vehicles. See Virginia Code 46.2-2000
- Owner: means a person who holds the legal title to a vehicle; however, if a vehicle is the subject of an agreement for its conditional sale or lease with the right of purchase on performance of the conditions stated in the agreement and with an immediate right of possession vested in the conditional vendee or lessee or if a mortgagor of a vehicle is entitled to possession, then the conditional vendee or lessee or mortgagor shall be the owner for the purpose of this title. See Virginia Code 46.2-100
- Person: includes any individual, corporation, partnership, association, cooperative, limited liability company, trust, joint venture, government, political subdivision, or any other legal or commercial entity and any successor, representative, agent, agency, or instrumentality thereof. See Virginia Code 1-230
- State: when applied to a part of the United States, includes any of the 50 states, the District of Columbia, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, Guam, the Northern Mariana Islands, and the United States Virgin Islands. See Virginia Code 1-245
- state agency: means the same as that term is defined in § 2. See Virginia Code 1-206
- sworn: means "affirm" or "affirmed. See Virginia Code 1-250
- Town: means any existing town or an incorporated community within one or more counties which became a town before noon, July 1, 1971, as provided by law or which has within defined boundaries a population of 1,000 or more and which has become a town as provided by law. See Virginia Code 1-254
- Trial: A hearing that takes place when the defendant pleads "not guilty" and witnesses are required to come to court to give evidence.
- Vehicle: means every device in, on or by which any person or property is or may be transported or drawn on a highway, except electric personal delivery devices and devices moved by human power or used exclusively on stationary rails or tracks. See Virginia Code 46.2-100