This chapter is enacted:
Terms Used In Washington Code 18.25.002
- Jurisdiction: (1) The legal authority of a court to hear and decide a case. Concurrent jurisdiction exists when two courts have simultaneous responsibility for the same case. (2) The geographic area over which the court has authority to decide cases.
(1) In the exercise of the police power of the state and to provide an adequate public agency to act as a disciplinary body for the members of the chiropractic profession licensed to practice chiropractic in this state;
(2) Because the health and well-being of the people of this state are of paramount importance;
(3) Because the conduct of members of the chiropractic profession licensed to practice chiropractic in this state plays a vital role in preserving the health and well-being of the people of the state; and
(4) Because practicing other healing arts while licensed to practice chiropractic and while holding one’s self out to the public as a chiropractor affects the health and welfare of the people of the state.
It is the purpose of the commission established under RCW 18.25.0151 to regulate the competency and quality of professional health care providers under its jurisdiction by establishing, monitoring, and enforcing qualifications for licensing, consistent standards of practice, continuing competency mechanisms, and discipline. Rules, policies, and procedures developed by the commission must promote the delivery of quality health care to the residents of the state.