(1) It shall be unlawful for any person, firm, partnership, or corporation to operate under pressure in this state a boiler or unfired pressure vessel, to which this chapter applies, without a valid inspection certificate as provided for in this chapter.
Terms Used In Washington Code 70.79.320
- Corporation: A legal entity owned by the holders of shares of stock that have been issued, and that can own, receive, and transfer property, and carry on business in its own name.
- Partnership: A voluntary contract between two or more persons to pool some or all of their assets into a business, with the agreement that there will be a proportional sharing of profits and losses.
- person: may be construed to include the United States, this state, or any state or territory, or any public or private corporation or limited liability company, as well as an individual. See Washington Code 1.16.080
(2) The department may assess a penalty against a person violating a provision of this chapter. The penalty shall be not more than five hundred dollars. Each day that the violation continues is a separate violation and is subject to a separate penalty.
(3) The department may not assess a penalty until it adopts rules describing the method it will use to calculate penalties for various violations.
(4) The department shall notify the violator of its action, and the reasons for its action, in writing. The department shall send the notice using a method by which the mailing can be tracked or the delivery can be confirmed to the violator that a hearing may be requested under RCW 70.79.361. The hearing shall not stay the effect of the penalty.