Terms Used In West Virginia Code > Chapter 31 > Article 12 - Membership in Federal Savings and Loan Associations
- Assets: (1) The property comprising the estate of a deceased person, or (2) the property in a trust account.
- Corporation: A legal entity owned by the holders of shares of stock that have been issued, and that can own, receive, and transfer property, and carry on business in its own name.
- Deed: The legal instrument used to transfer title in real property from one person to another.
- in writing: include any representation of words, letters or figures, whether by printing, engraving, writing or otherwise. See West Virginia Code 2-2-10
- state: when applied to a part of the United States and not restricted by the context, includes the District of Columbia and the several territories, and the words "United States" also include the said district and territories. See West Virginia Code 2-2-10