In this subchapter:
Terms Used In Wisconsin Statutes 101.91
- Contract: A legal written agreement that becomes binding when signed.
- Following: when used by way of reference to any statute section, means the section next following that in which the reference is made. See Wisconsin Statutes 990.01
- Guardian: A person legally empowered and charged with the duty of taking care of and managing the property of another person who because of age, intellect, or health, is incapable of managing his (her) own affairs.
- Highway: includes all public ways and thoroughfares and all bridges upon the same. See Wisconsin Statutes 990.01
- Lease: A contract transferring the use of property or occupancy of land, space, structures, or equipment in consideration of a payment (e.g., rent). Source: OCC
- Person: includes all partnerships, associations and bodies politic or corporate. See Wisconsin Statutes 990.01
- Personal representative: means a person, however denominated, who is authorized to administer a decedent's estate. See Wisconsin Statutes 990.01
- Statute: A law passed by a legislature.
- Trustee: A person or institution holding and administering property in trust.
(1g) “Delivery date” means the date on which a manufactured home is physically delivered to the site chosen by the owner of the manufactured home.
(1i) “Installation standards” means specifications for the proper installation of manufactured homes at their place of occupancy to ensure proper siting, the joining of all sections of the manufactured home, connection to existing utility services and the installation of stabilization, support, or anchoring systems.
(1j) “Installer” means a person who is in the business of installing new manufactured homes.
(1m) “License period” means the period during which a license issued under s. 101.951 or 101.952 is effective, as established by the department under s. 101.951 (2) (b) 1. or 101.952 (2) (b) 1.
(1t) “Licensed installer” means an installer licensed under s. 101.96 (2) (b).
(1v) “Licensed manufacturer” means a manufactured home manufacturer licensed under s. 101.95.
(2) “Manufactured home” means any of the following:
(am) A structure that is designed to be used as a dwelling with or without a permanent foundation and that is certified by the federal department of housing and urban development as complying with the standards established under 42 USC 5401 to 5425.
(c) A mobile home, unless a mobile home is specifically excluded under the applicable statute.
(3) “Manufactured home dealer” means a person who, for a commission or other thing of value, sells, exchanges, buys or rents, or offers or attempts to negotiate a sale or exchange of an interest in, manufactured homes or who is engaged wholly or partially in the business of selling manufactured homes, whether or not the manufactured homes are owned by the person, but does not include:
(a) A receiver, trustee, personal representative, guardian, or other person appointed by or acting under the judgment or order of any court.
(b) Any public officer while performing that officer’s official duty.
(d) Any lender, as defined in s. 421.301 (22).
(e) A person transferring a manufactured home used for that person’s personal, family or household purposes, if the transfer is an occasional sale and is not part of the business of the transferor.
(4) “Manufactured home owner” means any person who purchases, or leases from another, a manufactured home primarily for use for personal, family or household purposes.
(5m) “Manufactured home community” means any plot or plots of ground upon which 3 or more manufactured homes that are occupied for dwelling or sleeping purposes are located. “Manufactured home community” does not include a farm where the occupants of the manufactured homes are the father, mother, son, daughter, brother or sister of the farm owner or operator or where the occupants of the manufactured homes work on the farm.
(6m) “Manufactured home community contractor” means a person, other than a public utility, as defined in s. 196.01 (5) (a), who, under a contract with a manufactured home community operator, provides water or sewer service to a manufactured home community occupant or performs a service related to providing water or sewer service to a manufactured home community occupant.
(7) “Manufactured home community occupant” means a person who rents or owns a manufactured home in a manufactured home community.
(8) “Manufactured home community operator” means a person engaged in the business of owning or managing a manufactured home community.
(9) “Manufactured home salesperson” means any person who is employed by a manufactured home manufacturer or manufactured home dealer to sell or lease manufactured homes.
(10) “Mobile home” means a vehicle manufactured or assembled before June 15, 1976, designed to be towed as a single unit or in sections upon a highway by a motor vehicle and equipped and used, or intended to be used, primarily for human habitation, with walls of rigid uncollapsible construction, which has an overall length in excess of 45 feet. “Mobile home” includes the mobile home structure, its plumbing, heating, air conditioning and electrical systems, and all appliances and all other equipment carrying a manufacturer’s warranty.
(11) “New manufactured home” means a manufactured home that has never been occupied, used or sold for personal or business use.
(12) “Used manufactured home” means a manufactured home that has previously been occupied, used or sold for personal or business use.