Terms Used In Wisconsin Statutes 154.29
- Damages: Money paid by defendants to successful plaintiffs in civil cases to compensate the plaintiffs for their injuries.
- Felony: A crime carrying a penalty of more than a year in prison.
- Person: includes all partnerships, associations and bodies politic or corporate. See Wisconsin Statutes 990.01
(1) Any person who willfully conceals, defaces or damages the do-not-resuscitate bracelet of another person without that person’s consent may be fined not more than $500 or imprisoned for not more than 30 days or both.
(2) Any person who, with the intent to cause the withholding or withdrawal of resuscitation contrary to the wishes of any patient, falsifies, forges or transfers a do-not-resuscitate bracelet to that patient or conceals the revocation under s. 154.21 of a do-not-resuscitate order or any responsible person who withholds personal knowledge of a revocation under s. 154.21 is guilty of a Class F felony.
(3) Any person who directly or indirectly coerces, threatens or intimidates an individual so as to cause the individual to sign or issue a do-not-resuscitate order shall be fined not more than $500 or imprisoned for not more than 30 days or both.