In this chapter:
Terms Used In Wisconsin Statutes 256.01
- Corporation: A legal entity owned by the holders of shares of stock that have been issued, and that can own, receive, and transfer property, and carry on business in its own name.
- Person: includes all partnerships, associations and bodies politic or corporate. See Wisconsin Statutes 990.01
(1k) “Advanced emergency medical technician” means an emergency medical services practitioner who has completed intermediate technician training.
(1t) “Ambulance” means an emergency vehicle, including any motor vehicle, boat or aircraft, whether privately or publicly owned, which is designed, constructed or equipped to transport sick, disabled or injured individuals.
(2) “Ambulance service” means the business of transporting sick, disabled, or injured individuals by ambulance to or from facilities or institutions providing health services.
(3) “Ambulance service provider” means a person engaged primarily in the business of transporting sick, disabled, or injured individuals by ambulance to or from facilities or institutions providing health services.
(4) “Board” means the emergency medical services board.
(4p) “Emergency medical responder” means a person who is certified by the department as an emergency medical responder under s. 256.15 (8) (a) or is exempt under s. 256.15 (2) (b) or (c) and who, as a condition of employment or as a member of an organization that provides emergency medical care before hospitalization, provides emergency medical care to a sick, disabled, or injured individual.
(5) “Emergency medical services practitioner” means an emergency medical technician, an advanced emergency medical technician, an emergency medical technician – intermediate, or a paramedic.
(6) “Emergency medical technician” means an individual who is licensed by the department to administer basic life support and to properly handle and transport sick, disabled, or injured individuals or is exempt under s. 256.15 (2) (b) or (c).
(7) “Emergency medical technician – intermediate” means an individual who is licensed by the department as an emergency medical technician – intermediate under s. 256.15 (5) or is exempt under s. 256.15 (2) (b) or (c).
(10) “Hospital” has the meaning given in s. 50.33 (2).
(11) “Medical director” means a physician who trains, medically coordinates, directs, supervises, establishes standard operating procedures for, and designates physicians for direction and supervision of, emergency medical services practitioners and who reviews the performance of emergency medical services practitioners and ambulance service providers.
(12) “Nonprofit corporation” means a nonstock corporation organized under ch. 181 that is a nonprofit corporation, as defined in s. 181.0103 (17).
(13) “Opioid antagonist” has the meaning given in s. 450.01 (13v).
(14) “Paramedic” means an individual who is specially trained in emergency cardiac, trauma, and other lifesaving or emergency procedures in a training program or course of instruction prescribed by the department and who is examined and licensed as a paramedic under s. 256.15 (5) or is exempt under s. 256.15 (2) (b) or (c).