Terms Used In Wisconsin Statutes 442.01
- Following: when used by way of reference to any statute section, means the section next following that in which the reference is made. See Wisconsin Statutes 990.01
- Person: includes all partnerships, associations and bodies politic or corporate. See Wisconsin Statutes 990.01
- Promulgate: when used in connection with a rule, as defined under…. See Wisconsin Statutes 990.01
- State: when applied to states of the United States, includes the District of Columbia, the commonwealth of Puerto Rico and the several territories organized by Congress. See Wisconsin Statutes 990.01
(1) The examining board shall promulgate rules that adopt by reference all of the following:
(a) The statements on auditing standards issued by the Auditing Standards Board of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants.
(b) The statements on standards for accounting and review services issued by the Accounting and Review Services Committee of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants.
(c) The statements on standards for attestation engagements issued by the Auditing Standards Board, the Accounting and Review Services Committee, and the Consulting Services Executive Committee of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants.
(2) The examining board may not adopt a standard or rule relating to professional conduct or unethical practice until the examining board has held a public hearing with reference thereto, subject to the rules promulgated under s. 440.03 (1). Except for a rule modified under s. 227.265, no rule or standard shall become effective until 60 days after its adoption by the examining board. Any person who has appeared at the public hearing and filed written protest against a proposed standard or rule may, upon the adoption of such standard or rule by the examining board, obtain a review thereof under ch. 227. Thereafter every person practicing as a certified public accountant in the state shall be governed and controlled by the rules and standards prescribed by the examining board, including any modifications under s. 227.265.
(3) The examining board shall record its proceedings.
(4) The examining board shall participate in data-sharing programs operated or otherwise sponsored by the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy and shall share information or data regarding persons currently or previously licensed under this chapter as needed in order to participate in those programs. Except as otherwise provided by the examining board by rule, information or data obtained by the board through such a program is not subject to the right of inspection and copying under s. 19.35 (1).