Terms Used In Wisconsin Statutes 49.71
- Dependent: A person dependent for support upon another.
- Population: means that shown by the most recent regular or special federal census. See Wisconsin Statutes 990.01
(1) Each county may establish a county hospital for the treatment of dependent persons, under s. 46.17, and other persons authorized under s. 46.21 (4m).
(2) In counties with a population of 750,000 or more, an institution established under sub. (1) shall be governed under s. 46.21 or 59.79 (10), but in all other counties it shall be governed under ss. 46.18, 46.19, and 46.20.
(3) The uniform accounting system established by s. 50.03 (10) shall be used by each county hospital and shall be subject to the conditions enumerated therein.