(1) In this section:
Terms Used In Wisconsin Statutes 944.25
- Adult: means a person who has attained the age of 18 years, except that for purposes of investigating or prosecuting a person who is alleged to have violated any state or federal criminal law or any civil law or municipal ordinance, "adult" means a person who has attained the age of 17 years. See Wisconsin Statutes 403.504
- Misdemeanor: Usually a petty offense, a less serious crime than a felony, punishable by less than a year of confinement.
- Person: includes all partnerships, associations and bodies politic or corporate. See Wisconsin Statutes 403.504
- Property: includes real and personal property. See Wisconsin Statutes 403.504
(a) “Electronic mail solicitation” means an electronic mail message, including any attached program or document, that is sent for the purpose of encouraging a person to purchase property, goods, or services.
(b) “Obscene material” has the meaning given in s. 944.21 (2) (c).
(c) “Sexually explicit conduct” has the meaning given in s. 948.01 (7).
(2) Whoever sends an unsolicited electronic mail solicitation to a person that contains obscene material or a depiction of sexually explicit conduct without including the words “ADULT ADVERTISEMENT” in the subject line of the electronic mail solicitation is guilty of a Class A misdemeanor.