Terms Used In Wisconsin Statutes 961.395
- Controlled substance: means a drug, substance or immediate precursor included in schedules I to V of subch. See Wisconsin Statutes 961.01
- Dispense: means to deliver a controlled substance to an ultimate user or research subject by or pursuant to the lawful order of a practitioner, including the prescribing, administering, packaging, labeling or compounding necessary to prepare the substance for that delivery. See Wisconsin Statutes 961.01
(1) An advanced practice nurse who is certified under s. 441.16 may prescribe controlled substances only as permitted by the rules promulgated under s. 441.16 (3).
(2) An advanced practice nurse certified under s. 441.16 shall include with each prescription order the advanced practice nurse prescriber certification number issued to him or her by the board of nursing.
(3) An advanced practice nurse certified under s. 441.16 may dispense a controlled substance only by prescribing or administering the controlled substance or as otherwise permitted by the rules promulgated under s. 441.16 (3).