Current as of: 2009
As used in this chapter unless the context otherwise requires:
1. "Abortion" means an abortion as defined in chapter 146 .
2. "Adult" means a person eighteen years of age or older.
3. "Child-placing agency" means any agency, public, semipublic, or private, which represents itself as placing children, receiving children for placement, or actually engaging in placement of children and includes the department of human services.
4. "Court" means the juvenile court.
5. "Grandparent" means the parent of an individual who is the parent of the pregnant minor.
6. "Medical emergency" means a condition which, based upon a physician’s judgment, necessitates an abortion to avert the pregnant minor’s death, or for which a delay will create a risk of serious impairment of a major bodily function.
7. "Minor" means a person under eighteen years of age who has not been and is not married.
8. "Parent" means one parent or a legal guardian or custodian of a pregnant minor.
9. "Responsible adult" means an adult, who is not associated with an abortion provider, chosen by a pregnant minor to assist the minor in the decision-making process established in this chapter .
Questions & Answers: Abortion
Iowa Laws: Abortion
U.S. Code Provisions: Abortion
Related Articles: Abortion