(1) Each county may establish a county home for the relief and support of dependent persons pursuant to s. 46.17.
(2) In all counties whose population is less than 250,000 such county home shall be governed pursuant to ss. 46.18, 46.19 and 46.20.
(3) No county in which a county home is established shall contract to conduct the same or to support and maintain the inmates thereof; and all agreements in violation of this subsection are void.
(4) The trustees or any person employed by the county board pursuant to subs. (1) and (2), may administer oaths concerning any matter submitted to the trustees or person employed by the county board, in connection with their functions.
(5) The uniform accounting system established by s. 50.03 (10) shall be used by each county home and shall be subject to the conditions enumerated therein.