Current as of: 2013
Without limitation because of enumeration, the town board may:
(1) Acquire lands. Notwithstanding s. 60.10 (2) (e), acquire lands to lay, construct, alter, extend or repair any highway, street or alley in the town.
(2) Streets, sewers and service mains. Provide for laying, constructing, altering, extending, replacing, removing or repairing any highway, street, alley, sanitary sewer, storm sewer, water main or any other service pipes, under s. 62.16 (2) (d), in the town.
(3) Sidewalks. Provide for construction, removal, replacement or repair of sidewalks under s. 66.0907.
(4) Lighting highways. Provide for lighting for highways, as defined under s. 340.01 (22), located in the town.
(5) Lake improvements. Provide for making improvements in any lake or waterway located in the town.
(6) Inspections. Gather at the site of a public works project or a highway, street or alley project that has been approved by the town board for the sole purpose of inspecting the work that has been completed or that is in progress if, before gathering at the site, the chairperson of the board or the chairperson's designee notifies by telephone or facsimile transmission those news media who have filed a written request for notice of such inspections in relation to that project and if the chairperson of the board or the chairperson's designee submits at the next board meeting a report that describes the inspection. The board may not take any official action at the inspection site.
Questions & Answers: Municipalities