|Subpart A||Availability of Library of Congress Records|
|Subpart B||Testimony by Employees and Production of Documents in Certain Legal Proceedings Where the Library Is Not a Party|
Terms Used In 36 CFR Part 703
- Affidavit: A written statement of facts confirmed by the oath of the party making it, before a notary or officer having authority to administer oaths.
- Archaeological resource: means any material remains of human life or activities that are at least 50 years of age and that are of archaeological interest (i. See 30 CFR 585.112
- BOEM: means Bureau of Ocean Energy Management of the Department of the Interior. See 30 CFR 585.112
- Department: means the U. See 7 CFR 51.2
- Discovery: Lawyers' examination, before trial, of facts and documents in possession of the opponents to help the lawyers prepare for trial.
- Facility: means an installation that is permanently or temporarily attached to the seabed of the OCS. See 30 CFR 585.112
- Grade: means a class or rank of quality. See 7 CFR 51.2
- Grand jury: agreement providing that a lender will delay exercising its rights (in the case of a mortgage,
- Grant: means a right-of-way, right-of-use and easement, or alternate use right-of-use and easement issued under the provisions of this part. See 30 CFR 585.112
- Lease: means an agreement authorizing the use of a designated portion of the OCS for activities allowed under this part. See 30 CFR 585.112
- Lessee: means the holder of a lease, a BOEM-approved assignee, and, when describing the conduct required of parties engaged in activities on the lease, it also refers to the operator and all persons authorized by the holder of the lease or operator to conduct activities on the lease. See 30 CFR 585.112
- Litigation: A case, controversy, or lawsuit. Participants (plaintiffs and defendants) in lawsuits are called litigants.
- Operator: means the individual, corporation, or association having control or management of activities on the lease or grant under this part. See 30 CFR 585.112
- our: refer to the Bureau of Ocean Energy Management of the Department of the Interior, or its possessive, depending on the context. See 30 CFR 585.112
- Project easement: means an easement to which, upon approval of your Construction and Operations Plan (COP) or General Activities Plan (GAP), you are entitled as part of the lease for the purpose of installing, gathering, transmission, and distribution cables, pipelines, and appurtenances on the OCS as necessary for the full enjoyment of the lease. See 30 CFR 585.112
- Public law: A public bill or joint resolution that has passed both chambers and been enacted into law. Public laws have general applicability nationwide.
- Subpoena: A command to a witness to appear and give testimony.
- your: means an applicant, lessee, the operator, or designated operator, ROW grant holder, RUE grant holder, or Alternate Use RUE grant holder under this part, or the designated agent of any of these, or the possessive of each, depending on the context. See 30 CFR 585.112