As used in this chapter:
Terms Used In 49 CFR 1500.3
- Administrator: means the Under Secretary of Transportation for Security identified in 49 U. See 49 CFR 1500.3
- Amendment: A proposal to alter the text of a pending bill or other measure by striking out some of it, by inserting new language, or both. Before an amendment becomes part of the measure, thelegislature must agree to it.
- Corporation: A legal entity owned by the holders of shares of stock that have been issued, and that can own, receive, and transfer property, and carry on business in its own name.
- Partnership: A voluntary contract between two or more persons to pool some or all of their assets into a business, with the agreement that there will be a proportional sharing of profits and losses.
- Trustee: A person or institution holding and administering property in trust.
Administrator means the Under Secretary of Transportation for Security identified in 49 U.S.C. 114(b) who serves as the Administrator of the Transportation Security Administration.
Person means an individual, corporation, company, association, firm, partnership, society, joint-stock company, or governmental authority. It includes a trustee, receiver, assignee, successor, or similar representative of any of them.
Transportation Security Regulations (TSR) means the regulations issued by the Transportation Security Administration, in title 49 of the Code of Federal Regulations, chapter XII, which includes parts 1500 through 1699.
TSA means the Transportation Security Administration.
United States, in a geographical sense, means the States of the United States, the District of Columbia, and territories and possessions of the United States, including the territorial sea and the overlying airspace.
[67 FR 8351, Feb. 22, 2002, as amended at 68 FR 49720, Aug. 19, 2003]